Monday 2 March 2015

CMDR Rikk, Signing On

This is the first of, all going well, many postings describing my journey to the centre of the galaxy. I am currently sitting in the pilots seat of my Imperial Clipper precisely 1750.8 Ly from the Empire capital of Achenar (That's 1688.5 Ly from Sol).

So far I have seen many things which populated space denied me in my travels, not 300 Ly ago I passed a massive K class star, I was 300ls from the core and scooping fuel at maximum rate! I have also seen my first undiscovered Earth like world with indigenous life. The cynic in me is sure that one will have been seen by someone else who gets back to civilisation before me.

While fellow explorers  laughed at me for doing so, I am flying with a full compliment of weapons, shields and point defense modules. Indeed on the fringes of populated space I had a pirate interdict me, opening fire in his Viper without making any demands. While Pulse Lasers may not be the most powerful in the galaxy they were more than adequate to disable his drives allowing me to escape unscathed.

My shields, weapons and defences are now powered down, as I have not seen a soul for over 1000Ly. The sounds of space are my only companion, maybe I should have a meddle with my ships sensor arrays to see if Lave Radio can be picked up this far out.

No damage so far.

I do sometimes wish I had someone for that chair beside me. It's a solitary life out here. The view is, however, fabulous.

Until next time, comrades.



(Current Location)


No comments:

Post a Comment