Sunday 7 June 2015

The Journey Home

I am now ready to be back home.

I understand that things are afoot back in the empire and the powers we have known for years are being questioned. I have been following of Aisling Duval since well before she stepped out in defence of her father, but I am not yes sure I am ready to throw myself into war in my beloved empire just yet. I have a wanderlust that will never be satisfied.

Out here, it may seem like many systems are alike, but then out of the blue something beautiful is thrown in.


It wasn't in this particular ring, but I decided to set my vessel down on an asteroid yesterday. There was no real reasoning behind it, I have been in space so long now that the feeling of solid rock under my landing gear was welcome.


This will certainly class as one of the furthest landings from the empire!

I have also been fortunate enough to discover many more worlds which strongly resemble the earth of our ancestors. While travelling to the galactic ceiling I dropped across this one, as you can see from the photo we are well above the galaxy here (upside-down, I know...).


And as I now track the Sagittarius arm back towards out little corner of the galaxy I am dropping across more worlds. The earth likes are fascinating, but moreso are the Ammonia worlds which could easily hold 'other' life forms.

The even look menacing.


Onwards, my trek home takes me. The next sight to see is this rather pretty looking nebula about 1800ly away. It is very high above the galaxy, hopefully I can reach it.



My next entry will hopefully be from the edge, or even inside, this galactic beauty.

Rikk, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment