Sunday 14 June 2015

A Chance Encounter

The past few days I have been heading home.

Since leaving that rather stunning nebula I pointed my bows towards Achenar and have been burning in a straight line since then. I have hardly even stopped to marvel at the scenery I have been passing, such is my desire to be back home.

However I found that my journey took me on a route that intersected with a commander on his outward leg, so with a little detour we arranged to meet up and exchange stories. The system we stopped off at has a single solar body, a cool M class star.

Greetings, CMDR Engadine!


We closed to range gently, as neither of us have flown near another vessel for quite some time. Indeed I lowered my landing gear to ensure my boost function was disabled and my throttle less sensitive.


I did not want to risk getting any closer. While I fly with full shield and armaments I know this is not the norm for other explorers, where a scratch could be fatal. Especially with the ASP canopy right at the front.

Caution wins out. I did shuffle round for a sideways shot, very careful thruster use here!


It is normally my family empire family tradition to approach all strangers with my hardpoints deployed, as a sign of trust and power. However I am also part of the explorer family now, who I know will be somewhat nervous when meeting a combat vessel many thousands of light years from home. I keep with tradition, but instead I depart with my hardpoints deployed.


An absolute pleasure to met up with CMDR Engadine so far from our homes. May your voyages be safe and filled with exciting finds sir!

One more for the road. The eagle eyed among you will notice the paintwork, including the emblems. This man bears symbols which earned him as much respect as meeting me so far from home.


Commander Rikk, Signing off., 17,000 ly from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment