Tuesday 9 June 2015

The Beautiful Nebula

It probably has a name, but I'm not going to ruin it's majesty by even mentioning some otherwordly number numbers and letters the map calls a name. This nebula was stunning. Beyond words.

Bet let us first rewind to my approach. I have been tracking G & F type stars on my approach to this nebula, as I once again climb well above the galactic plane. This was done purely in the vague hope of getting a photograph of a pretty world with the nebula as a backdrop.

Well my wish was granted, as high above the nebula (some 2000Ly above the galactic plane) I dropped across this stunning little earth like.



I love how this nebula seems to be a bowl for the earth like world in this shot, but I needed to get in closer for another look.


No bowl here, but mesmerising none the less. I can honestly say this is the first galactic object that caused an emergency drop because I was too busy marvelling at it's beauty. So i decided to head inside


Closer to being enveloped by beauty (or the beast?)


Inside it was like a maelstrom of hell's own fires. No light other than the deep red gases of the cloud, mystifying at best. Stopping off in this belt did nothing to ease the forboding mood.


It seems like no time at all before I was away from the clutches of this alluring nebula, and back on my route home. She drew me in with her malevolent beauty and threatened to imprison me with marvel and intrigue.

Fortunately I fly the hand crafted splendour that is the mighty Imperial Clipper so I have a higher tolerance for such things. My escape was swift and (if I may be so bolt) also rather stunning.


In my sights is another nebula. Typically also well above the galactic plane. This one, however, is different. She is purple. I know, what could possibly go wrong.

CMRD Rikk, Signing out.
(I need to get back to civilisation, I think deep space is out to get me)

No comments:

Post a Comment