Monday 25 May 2015

90 Day Journey

So this is it. My outward leg is now officially ended. I have actually turned the nose back towards my home systems. I have now been out in the black for a total of 90 days, although I will admit there have been rest periods where I have not been actively piloting my ship.

My systems scanned has passed 3500 on this trip, and I estimate that I have cleared some 55k+ light years. My faithful Clipper is still performing flawlessly having taken just 5% hull damage so far, and all modules are running at 100%. Considering where I insist on taking her, and the close calls we have had, I'd say I'm doing pretty well.


Landing right between a pair of O class stars, well I must admit it was quite exciting. I had to repair a few modules following that encounter. I still have ample charges in my field maintenance units to take care of further mishaps.

And in close orbit around that third (B Class) star was this ringed beauty, there was only one thing to do.


I am currently 35,000 light years from Achenar. 11,000 light years from Sagittarius A*, flying across the base of the Sagittarius arm. This is my highway home, although I must admit the next arm out is calling me, maybe in a few thousand light years I will skip over.

Right now, the view from 1000Ly above the galactic plane is pretty damn breathtaking.



Disappointingly it looks like my automated cleaning systems have definitely packed up. I am sure my Clipper did not have so many smudges on the bridge as she does now.


I know...

Rikk, Signing Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment