Thursday 14 May 2015

Rings, Can't Keep Out of Them

Readers of these logs may have realised that I am somewhat a fan of ringed bodies, specifically going and playing in the asteroids. Not always a wise choice when I'm so far from home but an enjoyable one none the less.

And the views can be delightful at times.


Hot metal rich planets with metallic rings look particularly menacing


Cold metallic rings even more so


Finally, a Class III gas giant with a rather special backdrop. I have been heading roughly towards this nebula since I passed the little purple bubble some time ago. I like the contrast of green and red and am hoping to find something interesting inside that will make the most of those stunning colours.


I am now over 34k light years from Achenar. The supplies are holding out nicely, my hull is still at 95% with all critical systems at 100%.

I have started hearing things with witchspace. I think I should head back, there are rumblings of trouble across the galaxy.

Rikk, Signing Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment