Friday 1 May 2015

The Little Purple Nebula

I entered the miniature nebula which was centred on a single neutron star, and while the star itself was hardly visible, it was surrounded by a calming lilac hue which I am sure would soothe even an angry thargoid.

That said, it has the effect of making he mighty Imperial Clipper looks quite harmless.


Within the nebula there was also a barren rocky planet which had to be worth a look. The light from the neutron star has subsided somewhat in the 4k Ls the planet was from the star, and to my suprise this world had high metal content and an atmosphere.



Overall this little nebula was a very lucky find in the depths of space. I have since seen another one from my cockpit but alas I could not pinpoint it's location on the map.

Just a single jump away was this nursery for M class stars, with quite a violent mass ejection going on. I took the opportunity to look back at the nebula just 18ly behind me. By the next jump it was not visible at all in the night sky.


I am now at a loose end. I travelled some 850ly further out than I was planning to look at this little nebula, and it's nice to start getting away from the core again. I certainly will not be heading straight back to civilisation now.

Rikk, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment