Tuesday 21 April 2015

3000 Systems Visited!

Today I planned a nice long 1000Ly leg out the other side of the core

Then I realised I was approaching the 3000 system mark, so decided to have a quick look around to see if there was anything interesting to mark the occasion. I didn't do this at the previous couple of thousand as these were normal fayre for most explorers on the core run.

I found this nice little place with an A class blue supergiant, and as it turns out a B class and M class in a tight binary orbit and very close to the A.


You can barely see the M here, just look at the slight orange glow below the small B class (I was about 400ls from the supergiant here)

Or here is one where I closed in.


And yes, you know what happened next. Even though I didn't need to I popped in and scooped from that little M class! I'm starting to make a habit of this.

Leaving the stars I had a quick look back, by the gods my Clipper is showing the marks of a long journey.


I will write about it more in my next blog, but I have also been getting up close and personal with some black holes. As well as using the camera drones for stills, I have been shooting video.

Here is a sneak preview of what I have been up to.


I'm getting fascinated by staring into the black. Maybe I've been out here too long!

Rikk, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment